The Ontario Commercial Fisheries’ Association is dedicated to the growth and continued strength of a responsible, competitive and sustainable commercial fishery in Ontario.
- To represent the industry’s interests and views to government, the media and consumers. To work for fair legislation, regulation and enforcement.
- To develop and maintain a stable membership.
- To communicate with members about matters affecting the industry and to develop, maintain and disseminate comprehensive data and information on the industry in Ontario.
- To maintain a province-wide organization.
- To provide programs and services of direct benefit to members.
- To maintain an effective and financially secure organization capable of achieving its objectives.
- To promote high standards in all aspects of the commercial fishing industry.
- To hold conventions, meetings and conferences in order to promote discussion and exchange of views.
- To provide opportunities for individuals to participate in Association and industry affairs. To recognize active participation. To provide opportunities for personal growth.
- To maintain productive relationships with other industry associations.